Fall - Winter 2013-2014
All sessions cost $5.00 for age 18 years and older, $3.00 for age 5 through 17 and under 5 years is free. Pass holders are admitted free to these sessions. Seniors (60 and over) daily admission without a pass is $5.00. Seniors in the three day a week exercise class will be required to pay $3.00 per class if they do not hold a pass.
**Adult Swim - 5:30 AM - 2:00 PM (Monday - Friday) November 8, 2013 - February 18, 2014 due to high school swim practice. Subject to change
Adult swim - 5:30AM - 3:00PM (9/23/13 thru 11/11/13)
- Adult swim - 5:30AM - 2:00PM (11/12/13 thru 2/15/14)
- Open swim - 6:30PM - 8:00PM
- Adult swim - 8:00PM - 9:20PM (doors close at 9:25 PM)
- Adult swim (tues & thurs) - 8:00PM - 9:00PM (shallow end)
Morning Adult Exercise Tuesday, Thursday,& Friday 9:30-10:00am
Saturday & Sunday
Adult swim - 7:00AM - 10:45AM (if no rental until 11:45AM)
- Open swim - 12:15PM - 2:45PM
ALL PATRONS MUST SHOWER BEFORE SWIMMING!
School vacation weeks have open swim from 1:00PM-2:30PM.
McDermott Pool may be closed on all National and calendar holidays and will close at 2:00 PM on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve.
*NOTE: Do not leave valuables unlocked. You must provide your own lock. The City of Warwick is not responsible for stolen or misplaced valuables.
This schedule is subject to change without notice, and the City of Warwick retains the right to do so to efficiently serve the citizens of Warwick and all of our patrons.
CHILDREN & NON SWIMMERS:
Any child coming to McDermott Pool unaccompanied by an adult must swim two widths of the pool without stopping and tread water for (1) one minute before they are allowed to go in the water alone. This is a safety precaution for all our youngsters. We want to be sure you feel comfortable while your children are at McDermott Pool.
Lifeguard Course: March - May Call for dates and times (Fee does apply)
Senior Citizen Exercise Classes: 9:30-10:00AM Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (Fee)
Adult Organized Swim Workout: Tuesday & Thursday - 8:00-9:00PM Deep End (Call 738-2000 x. 6809 for details)
- Bathing suits are required. No t-shirts, street clothes or cutoffs.
- Anyone with shoulder length or longer hair is required to wear a bathing cap or put hair in a pony tail.
- The use of flotation devices is prohibited, this includes bubbles, life-jackets and flotation devices.
- Parental supervision is advised for all non-swimmers and children under the age of 10.
- Anyone found making another patron feel threatened or uncomfortable in anyway may be ejected from the pool at our discretion.
- No hanging or tugging lane lines.
- No loitering on pool deck during open swim
- A swim test will be required before entering deep end of the pool during open swim. This test will be administered to swimmers by our staff and may be done at every visit.
- No profane language or shouting will be tolerated.
- No running on pool deck.
- ALL SWIMMERS ARE REQUIRED BY STATE LAW TO SHOWER BE-FORE ENTERING THE WATER. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE.