If you have items that you would like to recycle, you can bring them to the Municipal Recycling Facility located behind the Mickey Stevens Sports Complex off Sandy Lane. Recyclable items accepted include;
- Yard Waste – Grass, leaves, branches up to 8 inches in diameter
- Scrap Metal – All types except gas tanks, oil tanks, chain link fence and propane tanks
- Newspaper – Place in paper bags.
- Bottles & Cans – Plastic, aluminum and glass.
- Mixed Paper – Junk mail, magazines, miscellaneous paper, etc.
- Mattresses & Box springs
- Boxboard – Cereal boxes, spaghetti boxes, empty paper towel rolls, etc.
- Cardboard Boxes – Flatten before recycling.
- Textiles – Clothes, sheets, curtains, etc.
- Tires – Remove rims before disposal; rims may be dropped off as scrap metal.
- Televisions & Computers – Old televisions, computers, printers, monitors and any other computer equipment.
- Unpainted/Unstained Wood – No plywood.
- Mixed Rigid Plastic - Toys, lawn furniture, coolers, etc. (See below for the list of accepted materials)
What Can Be Recycled? (drop-off only)
- Plastic toys - NO metal, wood, wires or batteries
- Plastic buckets - NO metal handles
- Plastic milk/soda crates
- Plastic laundry baskets
- Plastic lawn furniture
- Plastic landscape items (such as edging)
- Plastic microwave trays
- Plastic totes - any size, NO metal
- Plastic drums - any size, food grade ONLY, no chemical containers
- Plastic pet carriers - NO metal
- Plastic pallets
- Plastic coolers
- Plastic shelving
What Plastic Cannot be Recycled?
- PVC pipe/tubing
- Vinyl siding
- Plastic film (grocery bags & stretch film)
- Chemical containers
- Pesticide/Herbicide containers
- Petroleum containers
- Flexible water hoses
- Hazardous material
- Medical waste
- Metal handles, axles, etc. (must be removed from plastic and recycled in the scrap metal bin)
The Recycling Drop-Off Facility is located at 111 Range Road (behind the Mickey Stevens Sports Complex), Warwick, RI 02889
Please note: There is absolutely no trash allowed at the Recycling Drop-Off Facility.