To view/print a large version of the Apponaug Plan in .PDF format CLICK HERE
APPONAUG CIRCULATOR PROJECT
Weekly community update
- Project’s Substantial Completion Date is September 8, 2017. Project is currently on schedule.
- Two-way traffic on Veterans Memorial Drive Extension and Veterans Memorial Drive was implemented on November 22, 2016. Motorists are reminded to yield to traffic already in the circle as they approach each roundabout and follow signage. Additionally, motorists wishing to head east (to areas such as Post Road Extension or West Shore Road) from the Centerville Road / Toll Gate Road area (by traveling on the new Veterans Memorial Drive Extension) should remain in the lanes that head straight rather than bearing right toward Greenwich Ave.
- Start of night time drainage installation work in Post Road Village (Centerville Road to West Shore Road) is anticipated to begin as early as next week.
WORK THAT TOOK PLACE THIS WEEK: March 13, 2017 – March 17, 2017
- Rehabilitation work to Apponaug Mill Bridge #138 on Centerville Road
WORK ANTICIPATED FOR NEXT WEEK: March 20, 2017 – March 24, 2017
Centerville Road – east of Meadow Street to Post Road:
- Rehabilitation work on the Apponaug Mill Bridge #138.
- Centerville Road (Route 117), east of Meadow St. to Post Rd., continues to be closed to thru traffic. Local traffic access will be maintained to the businesses.
- Installing drainage pipe along the south side of the road.
- Above drainage work anticipated Monday to Friday. Both eastbound and westbound travel will be maintained but there is a potential lane shift.
Apponaug Four Corners – Centerville Road and Post Road intersection:
- Possible new utility pole and wire installation work. Work anticipated to take place at night mid-week.
Music Lane – Water Street to Post Road:
- Installing drainage pipe. Work anticipated Monday to Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please expect one lane of alternating traffic.
Post Road Village - Centerville Road to West Shore Road:
- Drainage installation work may begin
- Above work may begin Wednesday to Friday from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Please expect one eastbound travel lane to be closed. The other eastbound travel lane will be open with lane shifts. Shoulder parking will be prohibited in the section where pipe is being installed and traffic shifted.
All activities described above are Weather Dependent and are based on the best information available to RIDOT as of March 17, 2017.
For more information, including schedules and detour maps, please visit www.dot.ri.gov/apponaug/
Archive of RIDOT Apponaug Project aerials