To view/print a large version of the Apponaug Plan in .PDF format CLICK HERE
APPONAUG CIRCULATOR PROJECT
Weekly community update
- Project’s Substantial Completion Date is September 8, 2017. Project is currently ahead of schedule.
- Motorists are reminded to yield to traffic already in the circle as they approach each roundabout and follow signage. Additionally, motorists wishing to head east (to areas such as Post Road Extension or West Shore Road) from the Centerville Road / Toll Gate Road area (by traveling on the new Veterans Memorial Drive Extension) should remain in the lanes that head straight rather than bearing right toward Greenwich Ave.
- A new traffic pattern has been established at Apponaug Four Corners (Post Road at Centerville Road and Greenwich Avenue). Motorists are now required to navigate through the area around traffic barrels, as a phase in the roundabout development. Please stay to the right of the barrels.
WORK THAT TOOK PLACE THIS WEEK: June 19, 2017 – June 23, 2017
- Bridge # 138 work
- Drainage installation work
- Landscaping work
- Decorative lighting work
WORK ANTICIPATED FOR NEXT WEEK: June 26, 2017 – June 30, 2017
Centerville Road – East of Meadow Street to Post Road (Apponaug Four Corners):
- Bridge # 138 rehabilitation work will continue.
- Centerville Road (Route 117), east of Meadow St. to Post Rd., continues to be closed to thru traffic until the final traffic configuration is implemented. Local traffic access will be maintained to the businesses.
Apponaug Four Corners:
- New traffic pattern in effect. Motorists are now required to navigate through the area around traffic barrels, as a phase in the roundabout development. Please stay to the right of the barrels.
- Construction of roundabout wall will begin in the center of the barrels. Anticipate intermittent lane closures.
Post Road Village – Apponaug Four Corners to Spruce Street:
- Decorative lighting work between Music Lane to Spruce Street.
- Continue drainage installation work between Music Lane to Pleasant Street.
- Above work anticipated Monday to Friday from 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with one eastbound lane available for travel. Anticipate shoulder and parking closures during working hours.
Veterans Memorial Drive:
- Landscaping work from Post Road to Greenwich Avenue.
Veterans Memorial Drive Extension:
- Landscaping work will continue from Greenwich Avenue to Toll Gate Road.
- Landscaping work will continue from Benefit Street to Veterans Memorial Drive Extension.
All activities described above are Weather Dependent and are based on the best information available to RIDOT as of June 22, 2017.
For more information, including schedules and detour maps, please visit www.dot.ri.gov/apponaug/
Archive of RIDOT Apponaug Project aerials