Goddard Memorial State Park
1095 Ives Rd.
Warwick, Rhode Island 02818
Map This Location
- Goddard Memorial State Park - (401) 884-2010
- Fax Number - (401) 885-7720
- Golf Course (seasonal) - (401) 884-9834
- Beach Bathhouse (seasonal) - (401) 884-9620
- Ranger Headquarters (seasonal) - (401) 884-0088
Goddard Park attracts thousands of visitors each year as Rhode Island’s most popular Metropolitan Park. The park offers a beautiful natural environment with spacious lawns, fields, and forested areas with a variety of trees from all over the world, including 62 deciduous and 19 evergreen species. Visitors can make use of a nine hole golf course, an equestrian show area, 18 miles of bridle trails, 355 picnic tables, 11 game fields, and a new performing arts center for weddings,concerts, picnics and special events. Press Here, [ to view wedding photos at Goddard's Carousel]. Press Here, [to view more information about the New Riding Stables at the park]
Location: 1095 Ives Road, Warwick, Rhode Island 02818
Mailing Address: Goddard Memorial State Park, 1095 Ives Road, Warwick, Rhode Island 02818
Directions from Providence: Take Interstate Rte. 95 South, to Rte. 4 South, to East Greenwich exit, turn right onto Division Street, to Rte. 1 South, follow signs to Goddard Memorial State Park.
Current Entrance Fees: As of July 1, 1998 there will no longer be entrance fees charged at Rhode Island State Parks, although parking fees will still be in effect at the Rhode Island State Beaches. All fees for Picnics and other Park Use still apply. Call the Park Permit Office for further information.
- Picnic Sites - $2.00 per table
- Gazebo B (includes 6 tables and 2 grills) $58.00 per day
- Shelter F (includes 10 tables and 2 grills) $75.00 per day
- Shelter G (includes 10 tables and 2 grills) $75.00 per day
- Picnic Shelter (includes 10 tables and no fireplaces) - $50.00 per day
- Fields - $8.00 per day
Carousel Performing Arts Center:
- Carousel reservations accepted one year in advance of the requested date.
- Non-Profit Groups (must provide non-profit certificate)
- Carousel $250.00 per day
- Banquet Tables- 20 round tables available (60 inch diameter), 5 rectangular tables available (6 feet long) - $10.00 per table
USGA COURSE Ratings and SLOPE Ratings:
- A USGACOURSE Rating is the USGA's evaluation of the playing diffculty of a course for scratch golfers under normal course and weather conditions for the purpose of providing a uniform basis on to issue USGA Handicap Indexes. It is expressed as strokes taken to one decimal place, and is based on yardage and other obstacles to the extent that they affect the scoring ability of a scratch golfer.
- A USGASLOPE Rating evaluates the relative playing difficulty of a course for players who are not scratch golfers. The lowest USGA SLOPE rating is 55 and the highest is 155. A golf course of standard playing difficulty has a USGA SLOPE Rating of 113.
|TEE MARKERS||USGA COURSE RATING||USGA SLOPE RATING||Front Nine Course Rating||Back Nine Course Rating||Front Nine Slope Rating||Back Nine Slope Rating|
|Blue - 6234 yds.||68.4||111||34.2||34.2||111||111|
|White - 6054 yds.||67.6||109||33.8||33.8||109||109|
GOLF: Fee Increases Effective April 23, 2002
- Weekdays - $12.00 per nine holes
- Weekends & Holidays - $14.00 per nine holes
- Seniors (over 65) Weekdays - $6.00 per nine holes
- Seniors (over 65) Weekends & Holidays - $7.00 per nine holes
- 100 Percent Disabled (with proper I.D.) - No Charge
Equestrian Show Area: (Includes fenced corral, water, and portable restroom)
- Daily fee - $15.00 per day
- Seasonal Fee - $ 50.00 per Season
Reservations: Reservations accepted starting January 2nd annually. Equestrian Area reservations also accepted January 2nd annually. For information call: (401) 884-2010.
All Equestrian Area Reservations and Special Activities (pony rides, petting zoos, hay rides, trampolines, moon bounce rides, etc.) are required to provide proof of Liability Insurance for the event.
Operational Times: Park is open year round from sunrise to sunset. || Office Hours: 8:00 am to 3:30 pm (winter) || 7:30 am to 4:00 (summer). || Picnic Season from April 1st to October 31st. || Golf Course open April 1st through November 30th (weather permitting). || Golf Course Regular Hours: 7:30 am to Dusk. [goddard2]
Size: 489.2 Acres
- Click Here to download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader, (needed to view the map).
- Click Here to find out what Events are taking place in the Parks.
- Click Here for the history of the park and more Information
- Click Directions to see how to get here from your Starting Point.
Other Information: 2 Full Restrooms (seasonally) || 355 Picnic Tables || 11 Play Fields || Naturalist Program (seasonally) || 18 miles of Bridle Trails || Lifeguard on duty 10:00 am to 6:00 pm seasonally|| Summer Concerts || No Animals Allowed || All Trash: Carry In - Carry Out .... Please!
Facilities and Activities: Restrooms | Restrooms for the Disabled | Phone | Parking | Picnic Tables | Fireplaces | Nine Hole Golf Course | Game Fields | Boat Ramp | Concession Stands | Bridle Trails | Carousel Performing Arts Center | Picnic Shelter | Gazebo | Saltwater Beach | Bathhouse | Information | Swimming | Fishing | Boating | Windsurfing | Picnicking | Road Races | Golfing | Hiking |Horseback Riding| Ice Skating | Concerts.
Animals, Including Horses and Dogs: No person shall bring onto any state bathing beach, East Beach/Ninigret
Conservation Area, or Burlingame picnic area any animal from April 1 through September 30.
All Trash Is Carry In Carry out Please!